In 2022, Electric two-wheeler sales break all records, up 305%
In India, the EV market saw tremendous growth in 2022. About a third of the one million EVs sold in India in 2022 were electric two-wheelers. Sales of electric two-wheelers grew by 305% YoY in 2022 to 6,24,192 units. 1,53,523 electric two-wheelers were sold in 2021. (More than 4x growth). Electric vehicles accounted for about 4% of total two-wheeler sales in 2022. 1,54,01,578 two-wheelers in all were sold in 2022. A total of 1,47,77,200 of those were patrol based.
Previous Five Years’ E2W sales:
- 2021 – 1,53,523
- 2020 – 28,632
- 2019 – 29,756
- 2018 – 16,572
- 2017 – 1,523
The most electric two-wheelers were sold in 2022 by Ola Electric, which entered the market in 2021. The S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters were sold by the manufacturer in 1,09,252 units. Ola Electric sold 1,106 e-scooters in January 2022, and 17,280 units in December 2022. (Its highest-ever monthly sales). After only one year of operation, Ola Electric now controls 17.5% of the market for electric two-wheelers and 50% of the luxury scooter market in India. The business is quickly growing its network throughout India. Ola Electric will begin shipping its most affordable scooter, the S1 Air, in 2023. They will also begin making Li-ion batteries.
In terms of deliveries in 2022, Okinawa is in second place with 1,01,682. Okinawa recorded its best monthly sales of 14,941 in October. The iPraise+ from Okinawa is one of the most popular two-wheelers in the nation.
In 2022, Hero Electric sold 97,815 electric scooters, placing third on the sales list. Hero Electric’s sales for the month of March were 13,027, which was a record. Hero Electric concentrated on growing its retail network in India in 2022. Production has also begun at Pithampur, a manufacturing plant in Madhya Pradesh owned by the Mahindra Group. Hero Electric is constructing a new manufacturing facility in Ludhiana, Punjab, to satisfy the rising demand. By February 2023, the new plant is anticipated to be operational.
With 79,855 sales, Ampere EV is in fourth position overall. In November, the business achieved its highest sales total of 12,258. Ampere expanded its retail network in India in 2022. Additionally, the business produced its 50,000th electric scooter at its EV mega-site in Ranipet, Tamil Nadu.
With 51,750 deliveries, Ather has already surpassed the 50,000 mark and is currently ranked sixth in terms of sales. In July 2022, Ather introduced the Gen 3 450X, which had a longer range and improved performance. After the Gen 3 450X was introduced, Ather saw a rise in sales. In November, the business recorded its best monthly results of 7,834. In addition, Ather opened a second production facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu, bringing its total yearly production capacity to 4,20,000.
Electric two- wheeler sales list of 2022:
- OLA ELECTRIC TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD – 1,09,252
- OKINAWA AUTOTECH PVT LTD – 1,01,682
- HERO ELECTRIC VEHICLES PVT. LTD – 97,815
- AMPERE VEHICLES PRIVATE LIMITED – 79,855
- ATHER ENERGY PVT LTD – 51,750
- TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD – 46,873
- BAJAJ AUTO LTD – 25,089
- PUR ENERGY PVT LTD – 14,953
- REVOLT INTELLICORP PVT LTD – 14,912
- BEING INDIA ENERGY AND TECHNOLOGY PVT LTD – 12,605
- JITENDRA NEW EV-TECH PVT. LTD – 9,408
- OKAYA EV PVT LTD – 8,915
- GOREEN E-MOBILITY PVT LTD(GEMOPAI) – 5,343
- TWENTY TWO MOTORS PVT LTD(BOUNCE INFINITY) – 4,512
- KLB KOMAKI PVT LTD – 3,484
- MEW ELECTRICALS LIMITED – 3,211
- LECTRIX EV PVT LTD – 2,350
- KINETIC GREEN ENERGY & POWER SOLUTIONS LTD – 2,081
- BGAUSS AUTO PRIVATE LIMITED – 1,982
- RGM BUSINESS PLUS PVT LTD – 1,565
- IVOOMI INNOVATION PVT LTD – 623
- BATTRE ELECTRIC MOBILITY PVT LTD – 518
- HERO MOTOCORP LTD – 181
OTHERS – 2,36,167
TOTAL – 6,24,192
- Inspiring Story of WhatsApp Co-Founder Jan Koum
- 5 Signs your Hands give when your liver is in Trouble
- Top 10 most-watched web series in the world
- World’s Top 10 Poorest Countries
- Success Story of Gautam Adani: Meet India’s richest person
- Travel guide: Explore the top 10 places in India offering FREE accommodation
- Top 10 5G phones to buy in India right now
- Road to Riches- The Incredible Success Story of Zara Founder- Amancio Ortega
- Top 10 Pharma companies in the world
- Meet Retired Army Captain G. R. Gopinath Who Made Flying Affordable for Masses