Mahindra announces big boom in December sales; here’s other companies’ report card
On January 2, Mahindra & Mahindra announced that its overall sales for December 2022 stood at 56,677 vehicles, registering a growth of 45 percent. In the utility vehicle segment, Mahindra sold 28,333 vehicles in December 2022, while the passenger vehicle segment (UVs, cars, and vans) sold 28,445 vehicles, the company said in a filing.
Mahindra & Mahindra
- Founded: 2 October 1945, Ludhiana
- CEO: Anish Shah (2 Apr 2021–)
- Parent organization: Mahindra Group
- Subsidiaries: Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited, MORE
- Video game: Khet Ka Khiladi
Mahindra reports 62% sales growth in SUVs (Utility Vehicles) in December 2022, with sales of 28,333 units as compared to 17,722 units in the same period last year. Exports for December 2022 stood at 3,100 units, registering a month-on-month growth of 3 percent.
“Continued interest from our customers has led to strong demand across our portfolio in December 2022. We have seen 61% growth in our passenger vehicles and 45% growth overall. Due to continued international disruptions and rising cases of coronavirus, we are closely monitoring the dynamic supply chain situation,” said Veejay Nakra, president, the automotive division, Mahindra & Mahindra.
Apart from this, the company also highlighted the sales data of its Farm Equipment Sector (FES), which is part of the Mahindra Group. When announcing its tractor sales figures, the company noted that domestic sales in December 2022 totaled 21,640 units, up from 16,687 units in December 2021.
Total tractor sales (domestic + exports) during December 2022 stood at 23,243 units as against 18,269 units in the same period of 2021. Exports for the month stood at 1,603 units.
These two cars changed fortunes
Two Mahindra cars have been bestselling for a long time now. The first car is the Mahindra Bolero, which has been ruling the hearts of customers for years. While the other car is Mahindra Scorpio. Due to the fast bookings, the Scorpio remains the car with the longest waiting period in the country. Mahindra Bolero and Mahindra Scorpio are expected to be the drivers behind the growth.
Here are the top 3 companies
Maruti Suzuki stood at the first position. In December 2022, the company has sold 1,39,347 vehicles. Tata Motors has come at the second position, whose total domestic sales in December 2022 have increased by 10 percent to 72,997 units. While Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) was at number three, whose total sales increased by 18.2 percent to 57,852 units in December.
- Inspiring Story of WhatsApp Co-Founder Jan Koum
- 5 Signs your Hands give when your liver is in Trouble
- Top 10 most-watched web series in the world
- World’s Top 10 Poorest Countries
- Success Story of Gautam Adani: Meet India’s richest person
- Travel guide: Explore the top 10 places in India offering FREE accommodation
- Top 10 5G phones to buy in India right now
- Road to Riches- The Incredible Success Story of Zara Founder- Amancio Ortega
- Top 10 Pharma companies in the world
- Meet Retired Army Captain G. R. Gopinath Who Made Flying Affordable for Masses