Maruti Suzuki recalls 11,177 Grand Vitara SUVs, found this major defect
India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki on Monday (January 23) announced that it has recalled 11,177 units of Grand Vitara manufactured between August 8, 2022, and November 15, 2022. Maruti Suzuki said in its regulatory filing that there is a ‘possible defect in rear seat belt mounting brackets’.
- Founded: 24 February 1981, Gurugram
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founder: Government of India
- Number of employees: 16,025 (2021)
- Formerly: Maruti Udyog Limited
- Parent organization: Suzuki
Just last week, Maruti Suzuki also recalled some units of its models like the Alto K10, Brezza, and Baleno. A total of 7,362 units of these three cars have been recalled. Which were manufactured by the company between December 8, 2022, and January 12, 2023.
Reason behind Recall
“It is suspected that there is a possible defect in rear seat belt mounting brackets (“Parts”), in a rare case, may loosen in the long run and impact its functionality. Vehicle owners will be receiving communication from Maruti Suzuki authorized dealer workshops for inspection and replacement of the affected parts, free of cost,” said Maruti Suzuki in its regulatory filing.
About Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara
The Grand Vitara gets a 1.5 L Atkinson cycle petrol engine, which is capable of generating 79hp power and 141 Nm torque. Mild hybrid and strong hybrid techniques have also been used in this. This car is equipped with a lot of advanced features. It is available in Sigma, Delta, Alpha, Alpha, Zeta, and Zeta Plus variants, with an initial ex-showroom price of INR 10.45 lakh.
Maruti Suzuki December quarter results
This comes at a time when Maruti Suzuki is set to announce its December quarter results on January 24, 2023. In December 2022, Maruti Suzuki India recorded a drop in total wholesales of about 9% to 1,39,347 units from 1,53,149 units in the prior year.
“The shortage of electronic components had some impact on the production of vehicles, mainly domestic models. The company took all possible measures to mitigate the impact,” MSIL said. For the September quarter, Maruti Suzuki reported a net profit that was nearly four folds higher at 2,061.5 crores.
- Inspiring Story of WhatsApp Co-Founder Jan Koum
- 5 Signs your Hands give when your liver is in Trouble
- Top 10 most-watched web series in the world
- World’s Top 10 Poorest Countries
- Success Story of Gautam Adani: Meet India’s richest person
- Travel guide: Explore the top 10 places in India offering FREE accommodation
- Top 10 5G phones to buy in India right now
- Road to Riches- The Incredible Success Story of Zara Founder- Amancio Ortega
- Top 10 Pharma companies in the world
- Meet Retired Army Captain G. R. Gopinath Who Made Flying Affordable for Masses